HP Easy USB Transfer
About HP Easy USB Transfer
HP Easy USB Transfer is a free add-in that allows you to move files easily between a USB hard drive and the HP MediaSmart or the HP Data Vault1.
Simply connect your USB hard drive or flash drive directly to the HP MediaSmart or the HP Data Vault, click on the Easy USB Transfer application located in the console and drag your contents to or from a share folder on the server to initiate the copy/move.
Once the transfer is initiated, no connection through your computer is required - you can disconnect or turn off your computer and the transfer will complete without a computer connected.
Great for offloading photo shoots or transferring large amounts of data to or from USB hard drives.
Transfer files to or from the USB drives – either way.
Install the Add-in
- Download the add-in HERE.
- Navigate to the \\software\add-ins shared folder on your server.
- Copy the .msi file you downloaded to the Add-ins folder. Close the folder when you are done.
- On a Windows PC, double-click the Windows Home Server icon in the system tray and log on. On a Mac, select Launch Home Server Console from the Server menu .
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the Console.
- Click Add-ins in the left menu.
- Click the Available tab.
- Click Install to install the add-in.
- Click OK on the Installation succeeded dialog box to restart the console.
- For additional information, see Add-ins in the Windows Home Server help.