Use photos to help plan your wedding
Learn how to use photographs to organize details for your wedding.
Support & Drivers
Everyone knows that planning a wedding isn’t easy. How will all of those Internet articles, magazine clippings, and pages of lists ever translate into a wedding? Learn how helpful your digital camera and photo printer can be when it comes to gathering, organizing, and sharing all of your wedding details.
Get inspired with photos
Take and share pictures of locations that strike the right chord for your wedding. You can use these photos to create a collage or a photo inspiration board.
Take photos of colors, flowers, or other elements from events you attend, then mix and match to see what works together.
Take snapshots of basic “elements” that will help you determine how you want your wedding day to look and feel. Then, use a high-quality photo printer, like the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One, to print your images and share with your partner or your wedding planner.
Here are some basics to consider:
- Locations: Where would your perfect wedding take place? Take pictures of locations that appeal to both of you.
- Colors: Do you see a Tuscan theme filled with earthy golds and reds or an elegant affair in black-and-white? Take pictures of colors that inspire you.
- Flowers: Photograph flowers and arrangements you love and assemble a montage of floral photos to compare styles.
- Events: Whether it was a wedding, a party, or a fundraiser, no doubt you’ve been to an event that really wowed you. Explore photos from events you’ve enjoyed and try to pinpoint the memorable details.
How photos help with wedding details
Take multiple photos of your wedding location before the big day so you can easily plan your ceremony or reception.
Have your bridesmaids and groomsmen use photos to help coordinate colors and designs.
Print photographs of preferred styles and bring them along when you meet your stylist. Also, bring photos of your dress or flower arrangements so the stylist can work with your existing theme.
Whether meeting with vendors, brainstorming with attendants, or simply trying to keep information straight in your mind, a picture says a thousand words. Use these tips to keep your details in order:
- Take photographs of every area of the location so you can easily plan your ceremony or reception. Make sure to include the ceremony site, reception hall, changing rooms/accommodations, etc.
- Show attendants the color/style you have in mind with a digital photo.
- Have bridesmaids and groomsmen snap pictures of dresses/suits with their camera phone and e-mail it so that everyone can coordinate colors and designs. Find out how to print and share camera phone pictures.
- You never know when you’ll find just the right accessory or pair of shoes. Keep a photo of your dress on hand while shopping to ensure you have a perfect match.
- Caterer: Bring photos of reception ideas that inspire you. Share pictures of the foods you and your fiancé enjoy.
- Florist: Bring photographs of your dres, or a particular color you want to include in your bouquet. Also bring pictures of arrangements, bouquets, and centerpieces that inspired you.
- Stylist: Take a photo of makeup or a hairstyle you love and bring in a print to the salon. Also show the hairdresser photographs of your dress so the style will remain consistent from head to toe.
Rushing out the door and need the same photo for multiple vendors? Print wallet-size copies so that you can easily share your vision. Learn more about printing wallet-size photos.
Organize your wedding planning photos
Send pictures to your caterer or florist through Snapfish. Find an HP Photosmart All-in-One that allows you to upload images directly to Snapfish.
After you’ve gathered your inspirational photos, it is easy to keep your pictures organized for sharing and printing. You can upload images directly from your memory card to your Snapfish account1 using the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One.
Once you’ve uploaded your images, Snapfish makes it easy to share photos with vendors or wedding planners. Share images by e-mail, or share access to a Snapfish photo book.
Discover more tips for organizing your digital photos.
Use photos to personalize your wedding
Personalize save-the-date cards and invitations by adding your own photos.
Ask family and friends to send photos of each of you at the same age. Get creative and find similar photos that might make your guests smile.
With a digital camera and a photo printer, you can make high-quality wedding communications, print photos to use as wedding decor, and capture and share special moments from the big day.
- Check out the announcements, invitations, RSVP cards, programs, and more from the HP Creative Studio.
- Don’t feel limited about paper choices. Get creative with beautiful specialty papers like vellum, greeting card, or glossy paper. HP Photosmart printers and All-in-Ones can print on a variety of specialty papers.
- Print photos of you and your fiancée at the same age (for example at five, at 10, at 18) and incorporate them into your table decorations.
- Create a memorable family photo slideshow for the rehearsal dinner or the reception, showing both families together.
- Snapfish is another easy way to get personalized wedding photo favors. Simply upload your favorite pictures, and choose from a selection of fun gifts, such as a personalized photo card.
Share wedding memories with an HP Printer
In addition to scanning and copying, the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One has an in-printer app that allows you to upload photos to Snapfish instantly, without a PC!1
Discover the features that make a Photosmart e-All-in-One, like the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One, invaluable when planning a wedding:
- Memory card slots allow you to print photos directly from your memory card—no PC needed.
- Multiple capabilities in a single device, such as printing both documents and photos, scanning, copying, and faxing.
- High-quality color printing for vibrant, long-lasting wedding photos with accurate color details.
Plus, with select HP Photosmart printers, you can access your Snapfish account directly from the large touchscreen to upload or print your photos, no PC needed.1 Sharing and printing your wedding photos has never been easier!
Visit the HP Photosmart Buying Guide to see the entire selection of versatile HP Photosmart All-in-Ones.
- 1Requires a Snapfish.com account, a wireless access point, and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.