Create photo book pages with HP Photo Creations
See how easy it is to create customized photo book pages using this free download
Support & Drivers
HP Photo Creations allows you to create beautiful keepsakes using your own photos. Learn how to create, personalize, and print high-quality photo book pages right at home using this free download from HP.com.
What is HP Photo Creations?
Easily create an engaging photo book! When you choose the Automatic Smart Arrangement option, the software analyzes each photo and arranges it into colorful, multilayered designs that truly tell a story.
Instantly add your design to any item in the catalog and preview your creation—there's no need to start over.
HP Photo Creations is a fast, easy way to make professional-quality keepsakes from your photos. Easily create elegant photo books, greeting cards, calendars, mugs, and more. Check out a few of the features and functions that set this unique photo software apart from the rest:
Smart Arrangement Technology™
With the help of HP Photo Creations exclusive Smart Arrangement Technology™, you'll feel like you have an experienced designer right by your side.
The HP Photo Creations design team drew on its background in film, television, and special effects to provide you with an artist's insight. When you choose the Automatic Smart Arrangement option, the software analyzes each photo you add and arranges it into colorful, multi-layered designs that truly tell a story.
Customize almost every aspect of your photo project using text, graphics, and effects such as tinting, blending and airbrushing. Best of all, you can instantly add your design to any item and the real-time 3D preview will show you exactly how your finished project will look—there's no need to start over.
Once your project is complete, you have several choices for bringing your creation to life. Depending on where you live and which type of product you designed, you can:
- Print it at home
- Have it shipped to you
- Pick it up at your participating local store (you will need to enter your zip code to determine if there are participating stores in your area)
Choose your project
Step 2: Click on the Print at Home tab, then select Photo Books.
The first step in creating your photo book is choosing your project.
- From the Photo Creations home page, click on Choose a project.
- Next, click on the Print at Home tab and select Photo Books.
- Select either Landscape Photo Book Pages (8.5" x 11" or 5" x 7") or Square Photo Book pages (12" x 12").
- If you'd like a Premium Photo Book, including a cover, you will need to order it to be shipped to your home or to be picked up at a retailer location.
Upload and arrange your photos
Upload photos from your computer or from various online sources, such as Flickr and Facebook.
You have two choices for arranging your photos in your photo book: Automatic Smart Arrangement or Build this project manually.
Now it's time to upload and arrange your photos for your book (minimum 21 photos, maximum 253 photos). Tip: The more photos you add, the more creative layout possibilities you'll have!
- You can upload photos using either the My Computer or Online Library option. (The Online Library option allows you to upload photos from sites such as Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, and more.)
- Click on Continue.
- Once you've uploaded your photos, you can choose Automatic Smart Arrangement (and HP Photo Creations will automatically arrange your photos in your book) or Build this project manually (and you can manually arrange photos within your book).
- Click on Continue.
- If you chose Build this project manually, you will now need to add images to your photo book by dragging photos from the left side of the page onto your photo book page. You can add multiple photos to a page if desired.
Tip: Save your photos or project at any time by clicking on the Save icon in the top left corner of the screen!
Customize your photo book pages
Themes Tab tip: Each theme category contains numerous variations and graphics. You can try them by clicking the Design Tab.
Touch-Up Tab: Allows you to edit your photos by cropping, adjusting the brightness, or removing red-eye. You will also have access to various artistic effect tools.
Designs Tab: This tab offers tools for making quick adjustments to an entire page. This tabs also includes access to Placeable Graphics (Note: There is a maximum of eight graphics per page).
HP Photo Creations offers a variety of customization features to help you personalize your photo book pages after you've uploaded and added your images.
Photos Tab: Allows you to view and select your uploaded photos, and includes access to the following:
- Used Photos: This area shows the photos used in your project. Click a photo to add it to the current page.
- Unused Photos: This area shows photos you've loaded but are not currently using.
- Graphic Elements: This area shows placeable graphics, which are like stickers you can apply to a page to decorate it.
Themes Tab: This tab gives you quick access to the hundreds of graphic themes in HP Photo Creations.
- Select a category (for example, Holidays) at the left side of the screen, and then apply a theme by clicking one of the Apply Theme buttons to the right.
- You can apply themes to a single page, a page spread (two adjacent pages), or an entire project by clicking the buttons under the layout preview.
Text Tab: This tab offers tools for adding titles, captions, and larger blocks of text to your photos and layouts. Adjust the font, text color, text background, and more.
Touch-Up Tab: Allows you to edit your photos by cropping, adjusting the brightness, or removing red-eye. You will also have access to the following artistic effect tools:
- Airbrush Effects
- Photo Tint
Designs Tab: Use this tab to make quick adjustments to an entire page. The left side of the screen gives access to all the themes. The bottom of the screen offers six more tabs, each with several buttons:
- Theme Variations: Apply colors and textures to the page background.
- Placeable Graphics: Add floating graphics to the page.
- Photo Borders: Add borders to all photos on a page at once.
- Backgrounds: Change the background color or add tinting or blur effects to the background.
For detailed instructions or help with any area of your photo book customization, visit the Help Center for HP Photo Creations.
Print your photo book pages
When you're ready to print, click on the Print button at the top of the screen.
When you're ready to print your photo book pages, click on the Print & Order button at the top of the screen and follow these steps:
- First, choose the size that you'd like to print your photo book pages.
- Click on the Print button at the top of the screen.
- A new print properties box will open on your computer screen.
- Select your printer, paper size, and print quality, and then click on Print. That's it!
The right HP products for high-quality prints
Whether you're making photo book pages or prints of your favorite digital images, be sure to use HP ink and paper, which are scientifically designed to work together with your HP printer to give you the highest-quality print results.
HP photo printer
- 1Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
- 2Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
- 3Compared with single, standard HP ink cartridges. Based on average retail pricing, actual prices may vary.