Get ideas to frame a photo for Mother’s Day
Discover different ways to print and frame a photo for Mother’s Day
Support & Drivers
You finally have the perfect photo to give to your mom this Mother’s Day (and if you don't, check out 10 photos every mother will love). Now use these tips and ideas to frame your picture for a thoughtful, high-quality gift.
Give Mom a large 8" x 10” portrait
An 8" x 10" frame works well to showcase this intimate black-and-white photo.
Many photos, especially those capturing important milestones and special moments, benefit from a larger, more professional-looking format such as 8" x 10". However, while numerous photo frames are 8" x 10", this is not a common photo paper size.
Find out how you can use standard 8.5" x 11" paper to print your own 8" x 10" photos:
- Option 1: Select 8.5" x 11" as the Paper Size in your printer dialog box, and then choose 8" x 10" as your Photo Size. This will center your photo on the paper, leaving four sides to trim.
- Option 2: If your printer dialogue box offers it, select 8" x 10" as your Paper Size. Your printer will function as if it's printing on 8" x 10" paper and your photo will print up against the paper's edges, leaving only two edges to trim
Find more tips on printing 8" x 10" photos at home.
Make smaller prints of your Mother’s Day photos
Frame a photo of Mom along with a similar photo of you at the same age. Add a picture of a cherished childhood toy to create an attractive triptych display while keeping with the nostalgic theme.
Have too many great photos to choose just one for Mom? Try printing multiple 4" x 6" or 5" x 7" photos for several uses:
- Create a series of framed pictures. For example, frame a photo of you, your mother, and her mother for a meaningful, multi-generational photo series.
- Print and frame 5" x 7" photos of yourself and the family for Mom to keep on her desk at work or in the home office. For high-quality 4" x 6" or 5" x 7" photos, try the HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One.
Show your love with a Digital Picture Frame
A Digital Picture Frame allows you to display hundreds of photos in a single frame!
If you have a large series of photos you’d like to give to Mom, try displaying them in a Digital Picture Frame.
- Digital Picture Frames let you browse and display multiple photos with ease.
- You can even create a photo slideshow that plays along to music of your choice.
- With an internal memory of up to 1000 photos, you can continue to add your favorite pictures.
Learn more about the creative possibilities of Digital Picture Frames.
Choose the perfect frame
For a splash of color, choose a frame or mat that matches a non-dominant hue in your picture—such as the pink rose in this photo.
Keep the following in mind when choosing a frame for your Mother’s Day photo:
- Simple combinations, such as metal, black, or plain wood frames with neutral-colored mats, are often the best choice because they won’t take focus away from the photo.
- Don’t overwhelm your photos by pairing light-colored frames with dark mats, or by placing small photos in gigantic frames.
Find out more to help you display your photos, including how to create a balanced arrangement, and the best height to hang your frames.
Try Snapfish for all your photo needs
Access your Snapfish account to print Mother’s Day photos using the large touchscreen on HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One.1
Visit Snapfish, the online photo sharing site, for all your Mother’s Day photo gift needs.
- Upload photos from your memory card directly to your Snapfish account using the HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One.1 You can also access your Snapfish photos from the large touchscreen to make prints of your favorite Mother’s Day pictures for framing.
- Looking for an alternative to a frame? Snapfish also offers a range of customizable photo gifts, including mugs, cards, calendars, and more.
Make the Mother’s Day memories last
For vibrant prints every time, consider the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One./em>
Follow these tips to ensure you get high-quality, long-lasting prints of your special photos:
- Always use Original HP ink along with HP photo paper. These products are especially formulated to work together for stunning results every time you print. And, because of its special coating, HP Premium photo paper offers exceptional fade-resistance that helps photos last for generations.2
- Need a dedicated photo printer for stunning prints of your Mother’s Day photos? Visit the HP Photosmart printer buying guides or consider the wireless-enabled HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One for high-quality photos that you can print PC-free using built-in memory card slots.
- 1Requires a Snapfish.com account, a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
- 2Based on light fade testing under glass using HP Vivera Inks on HP Premium Plus photo paper and HP Premium photo paper, according to Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc.