Plan a picture-perfect Mother's Day
Get tips and ideas for celebrating mom with photos.
Support & Drivers
There's no better way to show Mom you care than with pictures–not simply with the pictures you take, but with what you make out of all those one-of-a-kind photographs. With these unique photo crafts and ideas, mom will have a gift she'll cherish always.
Make multigenerational wall art
Make Mom's day with a striking wall art that celebrates several generations with photos.
Create a beautiful, multi-generational photo treat for mom.
- Find an old photo of Mom–ideally a "classic" where her personality really shines through.
- Take the aspect of the original photo that made it memorable–the attitude or the setting–and recreate that photo yourself, only featuring yourself or a grandchild. Or use a photo you already have.
- Print copies of both photos, mounting each photo on posterboard, and hang them side-by-side using pushpins and binder clips. You can also create wall art that spans several generations.
Create an easy wall display with photos and tape
"Spell" mom that you love her with this fun photo wall design.
A bold way to tell Mom you love her is to spell out M-O-M with photos on a wall.
Start by outlining the boundaries of the letters onto your wall with colored, reusable painting tape. Next, gather and print enough photos to fill in the letters. (You may need anywhere from 25 to 50 4" x 6" pictures, depending on the size of the wall and the size of your ambition.)
The HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One prints photos straight from memory cards—no PC required. This affordable printer also features HP ePrint so you can print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.1
HP Advanced Photo Paper, 4" x 6", dries instantly for smudge-free, wall-worthy prints. The perforated tabs make for easy handling (and fewer fingerprints) while you're applying tape to the photos.
Make a simple memento board gift that can go in mom's office or in the kitchen.
Here's a simple gift idea: Print photos of Mom and the kids on sticker or magnet paper (available at many office supply stores or online). Tuck the stickers or magnets into her Mother's Day card, use the stickers to adorn a journal or memory box, or create a surprise refrigerator art show with magnets.
Or buy a small bulletin board and artfully attach family photos, greetings, and mementos (such as ticket stubs from memorable family events, etc.) to it with pushpins.
Preserve memories for generations
Don't forget to capture the smaller Mother's day moments–like opening a card–with your digital camera.
Mother's Day get-togethers and activities are full of photo opportunities. They are also great occasions to create photo traditions–a chance to take a family photo or a similar shot year after year.
But don't let your Mother's Day photos sit in your camera. Preserve your memories of the special day by printing your photos on HP photo papers and inks–guaranteed to last for generations.
Convenient HP Photo Value Packs help you get more prints for your money, with all the ink and photo paper you need for professional quality photos.
Give Mom a photo printer
Wireless-enabled HP Photosmart e-All-in-Ones let Mom print from anywhere, and offer convenient, PC-free access to Snapfish and other fun and useful Web content.2,3
With a new HP Photosmart e-All-in-One, Mom can:
- Print wirelessly from any room in the house.
- Print from a smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere, with HP ePrint.1
- Access Snapfish, coupons, recipes, maps, and more with HP Print Apps.2
The HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One is an excellent choice for anyone who loves taking or sharing photos. It features a large touchscreen with direct access to Snapfish, and built-in wireless, so you can print PC-free!2,3
- 1Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary
- 2Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations compatible with 2.4GHz routers only.
- 3Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.