Upload, organize, and post your photos to Facebook
Find tips for getting photos off of your camera and onto your Facebook page
Support & Drivers
Now it’s easier than ever to keep friends and family up-to-date by posting your latest photos to Facebook. Once you’ve learned how to take great photos for your Facebook page, use these tips for getting your digital images off of your phone or camera, organizing them on your PC, and posting them to share on the popular social networking site.
Transfer photos onto your PC
Use an HP 8GB memory card to easily transfer digital photos from your camera to your PC.
The first step in posting your photos to Facebook is getting them onto your PC!
- Transferring your photos from a camera to your PC is easy with an HP 8GB memory card—just insert it into the computer’s memory card slot.
- If your PC doesn’t feature a memory card slot, connect your camera or mobile phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Learn about all the ways to transfer photos from your digital camera.
You don't have to just post digital photos. Consider sharing old family photos, class pictures, and other nostalgic, pre-digital pictures.
Organize your digital photos
Create a folder system for your digital photos. Start with a folder for that year, and then create sub-folders for different seasons, events, or subjects.
Now that you’ve transferred your photos to your PC, it’s time to organize them so they’re easier to find and post on Facebook.
- The best way to keep your photographs organized is to rename them immediately after transferring them to your computer.
- Ask yourself these simple questions when naming your image files: Who is in the photo? Where and when was the photo taken?
- It’s also a good idea to assign your photos to a folder. Name the folders by specific event or time period, for example: Summer vacation, Holidays ’10, Graduation, etc.
- Find more tips for organizing your digital photos.
Post your photos to Facebook
Step 2: Click + Add Photos at the top of the page.
Step 4: Create your album! Add more photos, provide a title and description, and more.
Once your photos have been transferred to your PC and organized into easy-to-search folders, you’re ready to post your pictures to Facebook!
After logging into your Facebook account and going to your profile page, follow these simple steps:
- Click the Photos option under your cover photo.
- Click + Add Photos at the top of the page.
- From here you’ll be prompted to select the photos you’d like to upload from your computer.
- Next, you’ll begin to create your album. You can add more photos, provide an album title and description, and more.
- When you’re finished adding photos and customizing your album, select Post Photos.
- Now you can tag your friends, add captions, and rearrange the order of your images.
Print memories from Facebook
Facebook contains some of your friend’s and family’s favorite pictures, and with an HP Photosmart printer, you can print as many high-quality photos as you want. Now that you know how to upload your photos, find tips for printing your friend’s and family’s photos from Facebook.