HP recommends Windows.
HP Remote Graphics Software 6
HP Remote Graphics Software
REMOTE ACCESS TO
Go out and get inspired. With HP RGS you can take your graphics intensive workstation applications wherever you go. Collaborate with colleagues around the office or around the world, in real time, for instant creative freedom.
Work Without Boundaries.
Share your workstation screen with multiple users simultaneously — grant view-only or full interactive access.
Consolidate Workstation resources and allow your professionals to connect in from any computer at any location.
Get complete remote access to the full power of your workstation and your professional workstation-class applications when off-site.1
Benefit From Unlimited Remote Access.
High Quality Image
High performance compression enables real-time visualization for graphic-heavy applications.
Advanced Video Compression
Expand the reach of remote workstation access with the massive reduction in required bandwidth for RGS connections.
Improved WAN performance with adaptive network analysis, packet loss protection, congestion detection and wi-fi acceleration.
Windows and Linux
Enjoy cross-platform access with support for both of these desktop environments.
Open GL and Direct X
HP RGS offers full 3D graphics API support for workstation-class performance.
RGS sends pixels not data. So regardless of what application you're using, RGS just works.
Many to One
Access one or many workstations with Directory Mode using a single sign-on.
Multiple Displays with Resolution and Layout Matching
HP RGS auto-sets resolution and multi-display settings to match the receiver's system.2
Virtually attach a USB device to a remote system with local control and access.3
No Extra Hardware
This software-only solution allows deployment without additional infrastructure costs. And it's free on HP Personal Workstations.
HP RGS 6 System Requirements
- Sender and Receiver systems require 1.5 GHz or greater processor with SSE2 multi-media instruction extension, 32-bit color display adapter and 512 MB minimum RAM.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP SP3, 32-bit, x64
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 Professional
- RHEL v5.2–v6.4
- SLED 11 SP2
Advanced Video Compression Requirements (RGS 6)
- Sender GPU encoding: NVIDIA Quadro 2000 or better graphics card with driver version 305.29 or greater
- Sender CPU encoding: 4 cores or more running at 2 GHz (minimum); 8 cores or more running at 2 GHz (recommended)
- Receiver CPU decoding: 2 cores or more running at 2 GHz
- Public internet access on the receiver side for one time feature activation. If a proxy is required, Windows system must be set up with manual proxy configuration. Will not work with PAC and WAPD (automatic configuration script and automatic proxy detection)
- HP 1-year 24x7–Phone-in RGS software technical support. Shop Now
- HP 1-year 9x5–Phone-in RGS software technical support. Shop Now
For Non-HP Workstations
RGS is license free on HP Z workstations and EliteBook Mobile Workstations
1. Performance dependant on network latency and image frame content.
2. Match display layout not supported on Linux. Resolution matching on Linux may require additional X-server setup.
3. Not all USB devices supported. Remote USB not supported on Linux Sender. See user guide for list of supported USB devices.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.