HP recommends Windows.
HP EliteBook 8570w Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 8570w Mobile Workstation
HP's most versatile mobile workstation offers high-end professional graphics, robust processing power, a 15.6" diagonal display and a chiseled design that radiates performance.
STARTING AT: $1399*shop now
HP teams with leading software partners to give your business the professional edge it needs on the go — in engineering, architecture, healthcare and other specialized business segments.
The Right Card for the Job
Whether you’re looking for high performance for general office application use or blazing-fast speeds for graphics intensive applications, HP Mobile Workstations offer a variety of cards to get the job done. NVIDIA and AMD professional graphics deliver outstanding 3D performance with optimized thermal and power design, offering the same stability, reliability and support as our other HP workstations.
NVIDIA ® Quadro ®
Offering true workstation-class application performance and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications such as AutoDesk, Solidworks and Adobe® for enhanced performance and reliability. Take advantage of large GPU memory with fast bandwidth (up to 256-bit) for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics are compliant with the latest industry standards enabling you to take full advantage of their rich features. AMD professional graphics are especially tuned to enable outstanding performance for many major CAD and digital media applications. AMD Eyefinity Technology increases productivity and simplifies visualization solutions by expanding your visual real estate7.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional 3212
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional 6412
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 3212 (select countries)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 6412 (select countries)
- Genuine Windows 7 Enterprise 3212
- Genuine Windows 7 Enterprise 6412
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 3212
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 6412
- Genuine Windows XP Professional 32
- Genuine Windows XP Professional 64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Processors & Chipset
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core3 with Turbo Boost Technology2
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 and i5 Dual-Core3 with Turbo Boost Technology2
- Mobile Intel® QM77 Express Chipset (vPro support13)
- DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, dual-core processors support 2 memory slots, 2/4/8 GB4 SODIMMs, up to 16 GB total, quad-core processors support 4 memory slots, 2/4/8 GB4 SODIMMs, up to 32 GB total4
- Internal Storage
- 320/500/750 GB9 7200 rpm HDD, 500 GB9 7200 rpm SED (Self Encrypting Drive), SATA 6 Gb/s, 128/180 GB9 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 GB9 SED SSD
- Flash Cache
- Intel® 24 GB SLC mSATA cache module; Support Intel Smart Response Technology5 (available with non-SED HDD only)
- Upgrade Bay
- 12.7 mm SATA optical drive or secondary hard drive: DVD-ROM Drive, DVD+/-RW Drive14, Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW Drive10, Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW Drive60, 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD9; 256 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SED SSD9, or weight saver
- 15.6” diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, HD+1 (1600 x 900); 15.6” diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, FHD1 (1920 x 1080); 15.6” diagonal LED-backlit UWVA anti-glare, FHD1 DreamColor (1920 x 1080)
- AMD FirePro™ M4000, with 1GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory (AMD Eyefinity Technology for advanced multi-monitor support)7
- NVIDIA Quadro K1000M, with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000M, with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory
- High Definition Audio (SRS Premier Sound PRO), stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array, optional 720p HD1 Webcam15
- Wireless Support
- Optional HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband16
- Optional HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband16
- Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n 2x217
- Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n 2x217
- Intel® Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 802.11a/b/g/n 3x319
- Integrated Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (vPro3), 56K v.92 modem (optional)
- Ports and Connectors
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports (1 charging), 1 eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port, 1 VGA, 1 DisplayPort, 1 stereo microphone in, 1 stereo headphone/line out, 1 1394a, 1 RJ-11 (optional modem), 1 RJ-45(Ethernet), 1 docking connector, 1 secondary battery connector, 1 power connector
- Expansion Slots
- 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, 1 SD/MMC slot supports SD (Secure Digital), SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity), MMC (MultiMedia Card), MMC+
- Input Device
- Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad, bottom case drain, backlit keyboard (optional), touchpad with scroll zone and gestures support, point stick, discrete launch buttons (Web browser, WLAN on/off, mute, calculator)
- Software (Windows OS only)
- HP Power Assistant18, HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel® only, with advertising. No PowerPoint® or Outlook®. Buy Office 2010 to use the full-featured software19. Corel WinDVD (select models), Roxio Secure Burn14 (select models), Roxio MyDVD Business 2010 10 SE (select models), HP Performance Advisor, Adobe® Flash Player, PDF Complete Corporate Edition, Skype, WinZip Basic
- Microsoft Security Essentials, HP ProtectTools8, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey (requires initial user setup), HP Disk Sanitizer20, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools24, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools20, Smart Card Reader, security lock slot
- Optional: HP Privacy Filter6, HP Notebook Combo Lock6, HP Keyed Lock6, Central Management for HP ProtectTools21, Computrace22
Standard panelHeight1.36 inches (3.5 cm) (at front)Width15.0 inches (38.2 cm)Depth10.1 inches (25.8 cm)
DreamColor panelHeight1.44 inches (3.7 cm) (at front)Width15.0 inches (38.2 cm)Depth10.1 inches (25.8 cm)
- Starting at 6.69 lb (3.0 kg) with weight saver (weight will vary by configuration)
- 8-cell (83 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 8-cell (75 WHr) HP Long Life Battery, optional HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (73 WHr), optional HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (100 WHr), 120W HP Smart AC Adapter, 150W HP Smart AC Adapter, 200W HP Smart AC Adapter, HP Fast Charge23
- Expansion Solutions
- HP 230W Docking Station6, HP 90W Docking Station6, HP 230W Advanced Docking Station6, HP 120W Advanced Docking Station6, HP Dual Hinge Notebook Stand6, HP Display & Notebook Stand6, HP Adjustable Display Stand6
- Limited 3-year and 1-year warranty options available, depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. Optional HP Care Pack Services6,11 are extended service contracts which go beyond your standard warranties.
For more details visit: http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool.
* Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- Requires a compatible Intel® Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage technology software and non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSD flash cache module. Intel® Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Discrete graphics configuration required to support up to five total displays through the advanced docking station. The advanced docking station is sold separately. AMD graphics supports five total displays, including the native notebook display. NVIDIA graphics supports up to four total displays, including the native notebook display.
- Microsoft Windows required.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
- With Blu-ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray® titles to play, they may require an HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD disks cannot be played on this drive. Note that DVD-ROM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media. Actual speeds may vary. Don’t copy copyright-protected materials. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs; discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players.
- Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary standard on Z1. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1077422. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
- Do not copy copyright-protected materials.
- Internet access required.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only available in the United States. LTE is expected to be available in June 2012.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Microsoft Windows required. Requires discrete graphics configuration.
- Includes reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel. Purchase of Product Key required to activate full Office 2010 suite available at participating resellers/retailers and www.office.com.
- For the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement. Does not support Solid State Drives (SSDs). Requires Disk Sanitizer, External Edition for Business Desktops from hp.com. Initial setup required. Web history deleted only in Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers and must be user enabled.
- In order to deploy and receive updated policies, the client needs to be connected to the network server and requires separately purchased DigitalPersona Pro software. System access may not prevent users from logging into the system on the first attempt if policy updates haven't yet been received and applied.
- Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging from one to five multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- Fast Charge Technology recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off. Fast Charge Technology does not apply to the 9-cell battery. When the PC is powered on, charge time may increase and will vary based on the workload of the notebook PC.
- Microsoft Windows and webcam required.
- The 8570w passed MIL STD testing for Drop, Vibration, Functional Shock, Dust, Humidity, Altitude, High Temperature, Low Temperature, and Temperature Shock. Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for Department of Defense contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.