THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE STATES BELOW AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The HP Survey Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of the Hewlett-Packard Company (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, or production agencies and Web masters/suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PDT on July 17, 2013 and ends on March 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. TO ENTER: Visit www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/printables to complete the survey. Follow the on screen instructions. The survey will take approximately ten (10) minutes to complete. Upon completion and submission of the survey, entrant will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. All entry information submitted becomes the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No other form of entry is valid. Limit one (1) entry per person per for the Sweepstakes.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Ten (10) prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 7, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging agency whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZES/ODDS: Prizes (10 total): a $250 Amazon Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250.00 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,500.00. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The difference between any stated prize value and actual prize value will not be awarded. Winner must accept prize as stated, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize winners may be responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that Sponsor, administrator, each of their parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities. Except where legally prohibited, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified via phone, email or mail following the drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's phone number, email or mailing address. If the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped to winners within 4-6 weeks after verification.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT OR PRIZE RECIPIENT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in Santa Clara County, California. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Santa Clara County, California, USA.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the winners, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to: HP Survey Sweepstakes Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 922-717, Young America, MN 55558-3000. Requests must be received by April 30, 2014.
12. SPONSOR: The Hewlett-Packard Company, 3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185.
Take our survey and enter to win one of ten $250 Amazon Gift Cards!
All entries must be received by midnight on 02/04/2014.