NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN.
- ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of The Hewlett-Packard Company ("Sponsor"), and its respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters/suppliers (and their IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, Entrants (and Entrant's parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor) agree to these Official Rules, the decisions of the judges regarding Entry judging, and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 p.m. ("Noon") Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on April 10, 2007 and ends at 5:59:59 p.m. PST on May 31, 2007 (the "Promotional Period").
- CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES: The Contest aims to invite Entrants to share their experiences, or simply be creative, with Hewlett-Packard ("HP") Calculators in order to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of the HP Calculator. In order to celebrate the calculator, Entrants will be asked to submit a short video that may be formatted as, but is not limited to, a documentary, commercial, etc. Entry videos should be no longer than 3:00 minutes, must have a file size no larger than 100MB, and must be submitted in one of the following file formats: .mpg, .mp4, .mov, .flv, .avi, or .wmv.
- TO ENTER: Entrants must register at www.hp.com/go/lightscameracalculator during the Entry Period. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the entry form ("Entry") by providing all the information and/or required materials for entry into the Contest. Entries must meet the criteria set forth below. Entry is not complete until the entrant has uploaded and included a valid digital video submission ("Submission") with their entry by following the onscreen prompts to include the video file with their Entry. If you are not an existing YouTube Account holder, follow the instructions to create a YouTube username. Registration is free. Entrants will be required to accept and agree to be bound these Official Rules, including the decisions of the judges and the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects. Limit one (1) registration per person and per e-mail address. Any individual who attempts to register, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of registering more than once, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts will be disqualified from the Contest. Limit one (1) video Entry per person and/or per e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the YouTube account was opened.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that it is free to disclose the ideas contained therein on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employee, or obtained from sources other than you. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
Each Entry (a) must be the original creation of the submitting Entrant(s), (b) must be unpublished and cannot have been submitted in any other competition, (c) must not infringe upon or violate any rights of any third party, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights such as but not limited to patents, copyrights, trade name/trademark/logo, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light or any other rights of any person or entity; and by submitting an Entry each Entrant(s) (and the Entrant's parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor) warrants and represents that his/her Entry fully and completely conforms to the stated requirements. Further, each Entrant ensures that he or she is the individual pictured and heard in the Entry, or alternately, that the Entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the Entry, to grant the rights to the contest parties described in these rules and can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. Any Entry which is deemed to be inappropriate for publication, or libelous, slanderous, obscene, vulgar or harassing, (all as solely determined by Sponsor) will be deemed ineligible. No other form of participation other than as stated in these Official Rules is valid. Further, by submitting an Entry, Entrant(s) (and the Entrant's parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor) grants a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to Sponsor, and any of its agents, to post, and otherwise make use of, the Entry on the World Wide Web as is consistent with these Official Rules, (as solely determined by Sponsor) and warrants and represents that he/she has properly secured, and has all right to grant such permission. Sponsor suggests that Entrant keeps a copy of their Entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) Entry per person/address.
VIDEOS WILL NOT BE ALTERED BY SPONSOR, ARE NOT COMMERCIAL IN NATURE AND CONTAIN THE SOLE OPINION OF ENTRANT AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR. IF YOU THINK THAT ANY ENTRY INFRINGES YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, VISIT HTTP://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/T/DMCA_POLICY, IF YOU WISH TO REPORT IT PURSUANT TO YOUTUBE'S POLICY.
- JUDGING: Entries will be judged and prizes will be awarded based on four (4) Award Categories: Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Screen Play, and Best Technical Film (the "Award Categories"). Entries will be eligible to win in each Award Category, however once an entry has won a prize in one (1) Award Category it will not be eligible to win a prize in any other Award Category. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: 25% Originality and Creativity, 25% Adherence to Theme, 25% Overall Appeal, and 25% for each of the Award Categories. Each Entry will receive scores for each Award Category. Overall Scores will be determined for each Award Category by combining an Entrant's scores for the common judging criteria (Originality and Creativity, Adherence to Theme, and Overall Appeal) with their score from each Award Category, The top two (2) Entrants with the highest cumulative score for each Award Category will be determined to be the potential Grand Prize Winners. Potential Grand Prize winners in the Best Actor and Best Actress Categories will be based on the gender of the Actor or Actress that is prominently displayed in their Entry. In case of a tie, tied Entries will be broken by Entry with the highest cumulative point score for the Award Category. If tie continues, tie will be broken by the Entry with the highest cumulative point score in Originality and Creativity. If tie continues, tie will be broken by the Entry with the highest cumulative point score in Adherence to Theme. If tie continues, tie will be broken by the Entry with the highest cumulative point score in Overall Appeal. If tie cannot be broken, tied Entries will be evaluated by a new judge according to original criteria, and the tied Entry with the highest cumulative point score by new judge will be declared winner of the tie. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be determined on or about June 8, 2007.
- ONLINE VOTING: The eight (8) Grand Prize winners will have their Entries posted on www.hp.com/go/lightscameracalculator so that visitors to the web site can vote on their favorite video. Voting will be available beginning on or about June 15, 2007 and ending on or about June 30, 2007. Visitors to the web site can follow the online voting instructions which will inform them how to complete and submit an official vote for one (1) of the Grand Prize winners. The Grand Prize winner that receives the highest number of votes will receive the "Voters Choice Award." In the event that the voting results in a tie, the tied Grand Prize winners will be judged by a new panel of judges based on the original judging criteria. The winner of the "Voters Choice Award" will be announced at the HP Golden Calculator Awards in Hollywood, CA.
- PRIZES: Grand Prize (8, 2 per Award Category): a trip for two (2) to Hollywood, CA to attend the HP Golden Calculator Awards. Approximate Retail Value: $2,500.00 each prize. Trip consists of round trip coach air transportation (from major commercial airport nearest winner's U.S. residence, as determined by Sponsor) to or near Hollywood, CA, standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations for three (3) days/two (2) nights, and ground transportation to/from the airport/hotel/Awards. Travel dates will be on or about Thursday, July 12 2007 thru Saturday, July 14 2007. Winners must be able to travel on the exact travel dates specified by the Sponsor. Voter's Choice Award (1): HP 50" Plasma TV Approximate Retail Value: $2,999.00. Grand Prize travel/hotel accommodations and transportation are subject to availability, change, restrictions, and are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Trip cancellation insurance, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner's responsibility. If winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner's parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. If winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, winner will be required to travel with his/her parent/legal guardian, and winner's parent legal/guardian must be named as winner's travel companion. Winners and their parent/legal guardians or travel companions must comply with all security requirements. Expenses not specified herein are solely the responsibility of the winners. If a winner cannot accept his/her prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be determined. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize, but Sponsor reserve the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Total ARV of all prizes: $22,999.00.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants (and Entrant's parent/legal guardian, if participant is a minor) agree (a) that Sponsor, and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (individually and Collectively "Releasees") will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by participants (and participants' parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to person(s), including death, or property, or violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related or travel related activity and the use of the Entry submitted, and (b) winners (and winner's parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor), by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grant permission for Sponsor (and agree to confirm such agreement in writing), and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and prize information and/or Entry (and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules license the use of the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, together or with other works, and/or in distorted form, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, commercial and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered world wide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web without notice or review or approval. Grand Prize winners (and winner's parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If Affidavits/Releases are not received by the date stated on the notification, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and alternate winner will be determined. Travel companions will also be required to complete, execute and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within the same time period and prior to the issuance of travel documents. Taxes on prize are solely winner's responsibility. Each Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then each of the winners (and the winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winners (and winner's parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) hereby waive in favor of the Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that winners (and the winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserve the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entries, at their sole discretion. Upon request of the Sponsor, winner(s) (and the winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment. Further, Sponsor may request from each winner (and the winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) that the winner secure from the videographer(s)/photographer(s) of their Entry and/or the actor(s)/actress(s) in their Entry an irrevocable assignment and transfer to Sponsor all of the videographer(s)/photographer(s) and/or actor(s)/actress(s) rights, title and interest in and to the winner's Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. The videographer(s)/photographer(s) and/or actor(s)/actress(s) may be required to waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that the videographer(s)/photographer(s) and/or actor(s)/actress(s) may now or later have in the Entry. Should Sponsor fail to request the said videographer(s)/photographer(s) and/or actor(s)/actress(s) assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
- LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Releasees are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, separated, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, or non-delivered entries or mail; or for other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry, or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participant or to any person in relation to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select the winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this web site.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and Sponsor encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Sponsor does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Sponsor does not target its websites to children under 13.
Sponsor uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, Sponsor uses your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some HP websites. Occasionally Sponsor may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding HP products or services. Sponsor will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications. Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Sensitive personal information is collected only to facilitate our financial service providers' credit decisions and will be shared with them only with your permission. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or Sponsor and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with HP, information collected through one HP service may be combined with information obtained through other HP services.
HP is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. Sponsor's privacy practices are designed to provide protection for your personal information, all over the world. Sponsor may share your personal information within HP and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for your information. In such countries Sponsor will still handle information in the manner we describe here. Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about HP website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
Sponsor will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Sponsor will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. Sponsor shares customer information across companies working on our behalf and HP-owned business entities, but only as described above in "How we use your information." Sponsor contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in "How we use your information." Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of HP and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for HP. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. Sponsor will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of HP or its subsidiaries; or (iv) to protect the personal safety of HP employees and third parties on HP property. Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, HP decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is HP's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
Sponsor gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and HP-wide marketing communications. HP-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of HP-wide communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point or through HP Passport (HP's proprietary online customer registration tool, available only in the United States). Sponsor will make every effort to honor your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings or driver updates.
Sponsor will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. Examples of unrelated uses include sending communications about special offers, product information, and marketing messages.
Certain HP services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both HP and the third party personal data you provide. Examples include the ability to register software products from multiple vendors from a single HP Web page, to request communications from HP marketing or solution partners, or to enable order completion through a reseller. Sponsor will not share your personal information with those third-party companies unless you make that choice.
Sponsor strives to keep your personal information accurate. Sponsor has implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. Sponsor will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, Sponsor will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of HP's websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers. The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page or use HP Passport.
Sponsor is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Sponsor has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Sponsor uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes. As part of real-time payment processing, Sponsor subscribes to a fraud management service. This service gives you and Sponsor an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud to protect your financial data. As Privacy Policies may be updated, Entrant is encouraged to check the Sponsor's Policy periodically at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: HP Calculator Casting Call Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 3184, Young America, MN 55558-3184 for receipt by 7/31/07.
- SPONSOR: The Hewlett-Packard Company, Palo Alto, California 95304-1185.