Remarketed HP Products
Return guidelines for the
HP Business Outlet
Products must be in original packaging and must include all manuals, power cords, and HP installed software and options to be eligible for return. For all returns, you must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) by contacting HP Business Outlet at 1-800-658-1131 prior to shipment.
Please note that HP will not accept returns for the following products (unless defective):
- Opened memory
- Opened software and consumable products, i.e. printer cartridges, paper, etc.
- Electronic software downloads
- Replacement parts supplied by technical support and
- Product that cannot be linked to an HP Business Outlet order number
- Product that has been modified by installation of additional software or options or have serial numbers removed
HP does not accept any COD returns.
Return shipping costs are borne by the customer; unless HP specifically agrees otherwise. If requested, a call tag may be offered to the customer at a reasonable cost.
After HP receives your return, it is inspected and compared to the RGA. All parts and equipment contained in the original order must be included (including, without limitation: keyboard, mouse, software, speakers, accessories, drives, memory, microprocessors, and processor boards). Once confirmation is completed, the return is processed into the warehouse and credit is issued using the same form of payment used for purchase (for cash payments, a refund check will be issued). The normal process usually takes 7-10 business days to complete. No credits are issued for incomplete returns.
If the returned shipment does not match the RGA, a Customer Support Representative will contact you.
Non-defective product returns
RGA's must be requested within 10 days after the delivery date.
HP, in its sole discretion, may accept returns requested more than 10 days after the delivery date subject to a restocking fee of 25%. The restocking fees are deducted from the refund amount issued.
Defective product and Defective on Arrival (DOA)
For defective HP products, HP provides technical assistance to diagnosis the problem and will repair or authorize a replacement or return of the product. Based on the terms of your warranty, a technician may be dispatched to diagnose or repair the defective product. If the product fails after the first 30 days, the applicable warranty program specifies the terms for repair services.
To report product that was defective on arrival (DOA), the customer should contact the HP Customer Support Center 1-800-HP-Invent (800-474-6836) to request diagnosis and repair or authorize a replacement or return of the product.
If product fails during the Limited Warranty Period and the suggestions in the product documentation do not solve the problem, the customer can receive support by visiting "Support & Drivers" at www.hp.com to locate authorized support providers, post questions to HP Technical Support professionals or download software.
Shipment related loss or damage
You should note damages or shortages on the Proof of Delivery document at the time of delivery and you must report damages or shortages within 14 days contacting a Customer Support Representative at 800-658-1131. You may be asked to provide a copy of the Proof of Delivery and order number or customer account number.
You must report concealed damage, where the box is in good condition but the product is missing or damaged, within five business days after delivery. Carriers reserve the right to conduct an on-site inspection at the delivery destination. If the carrier is not allowed to inspect the product, a claim cannot be filed and replacement product will not be provided. When the carrier claim has been validated or the carrier waives an inspection, HP will provide an RGA for the return of damaged product, process a credit for the damage or shortage, and enter an order for replacement product.
- Customers should take receipt and sign for delivery of damaged product
- Customer must have Carrier note delivery discrepancy (such as shortage or damaged box) on the "Proof of Delivery"
- Customer signs "Proof of Delivery" and maintains copy.
- Customer submits copy of "Proof of Delivery" to HP within five (5) business days.
- Customer documents the damage with digital photos, if available
- Customer returns merchandise to HP using RGA, original packaging materials and original shipping carton if available.
Preparing product for return
- Call an HP Business Outlet Representative at 1-800-658-1131 to obtain an Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number(s).
- Package the product including the "Packing List" which includes the original order number, part number(s), quantity, and applicable serial number(s) for the product(s) being returned.
- The original box and packing material will need to be used to return the item.
- Remove all mailing labels on the outside of the box that references the customer address. Prepare and attach a new mailing label with the RGA#(s) and the Returns Center address provided by the HP Business Outlet Representative. Do not write on the packaging.
- If product for more than one RGA is being returned in the same box, please make sure that all RGA numbers are listed on both the mailing label and packing list. If products are received at the Returns Center without valid RGA numbers on the mailing label, credit may be delayed or item may be refused and returned to the customer.
A call tag may be issued upon request to return product. Any fees for the call tag may be deducted from the credit due to the customer.
Proof of delivery for returns
Customers that are returning the merchandise without a HP issued call tag are encouraged to select a carrier that provides tracking numbers and insurance, such as UPS or FedEx, for all returns. Customer is responsible to pack the item being returned properly to prevent any damage or loss of product en route to the HP Returns Center. When customers purchase insurance coverage from a carrier, collection on claims associated with Carrier loss or damage is the responsibility of the customer.
Signatures confirming Proof of Delivery can be used to determine whether or not a box has been received at the HP Returns Center. If items are consolidated in a single box, a POD cannot be used to confirm receipt of specific items or quantities. If you return a product outside this process, your credit or replacement may be delayed pending proof of delivery to our warehouse. Customer assumes risk of loss and payment of return freight.