HP's newest era of high-performance network fabric interconnects is based on 4x InfiniBand technology. InfiniBand is an industry standard I/O interconnect architecture. HP's 4x Fabric solutions provide high speed, low latency, point-to-point or switched fabric solutions optimized for server clusters. HP 4x Fabric products provide a leading edge interconnect for both High Performance Computing (HPC) customers who want to deploy clusters for scientific and engineering applications, and for commercial customers who want to deploy highly available and scalable database clusters.
Clustered Applications will benefit from:
- Standards based InfiniBand Architecture Specification release 1.1 ensures consistency across the ecosystem
- High Performance, switched 20 Gbps and 40 Gbps interconnects.
- Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) and OS bypass technologies that greatly reduce the memory copy overheads and associated CPU utilization
- Internet Protocol over InfiniBand (IPoIB) support, that allows IP applications to operate seamlessly over an InfiniBand network
- Interconnect Transport API (IT-API) support which provides a standard API to reduce porting efforts and costs associated with Middleware applications
- Message Passing Interface (MPI) -- HP MPI provides developers of technical applications a standard API to support parallel message-passing applications that are efficient, portable and scalable.
Infiniband Technology is offered on these products