Note: This solution does not require the Microsoft patch and can be used on any printer.
HP has created two scalable TrueType fonts that contain only the EuroSign. The EuroSign font is proportionally spaced, and designed to closely match the Euro currency logo as specified by the European Commission. EuroSign Mono is a fixed-spaced design loosely based on Courier.
These fonts can be used in all Windows applications. For Windows 3.1 and Windows NT 3.51 this is the only solution. For Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0. it is part of a suite of solutions.
Download the Fonts
Install the fonts
- Choose Here: EuroSign Fonts to download the fonts from the web. Select a directory on your hard drive and click save. Note
- Open the directory noted above, where the downloaded lj426.exe file has been stored.Double-click on the icon and select Unzip, OK, then Close.
This will create a new folder on your C: Drive named EuroSign.
All the necessary files for the EuroSign and the EuroSign Mono will extract into this directory.
(This will add EuroSign and EuroSign Mono to all application font menus)
Windows 3.1x/NT 3.51:
Windows 95/98/NT 4.0:
- Use HP FontSmart, or from Main select Control Panel, Fonts, then click the "Add" button. Browse to the C:\EuroSign directory where the downloaded file was unzipped to. Choose Select All then Ok.
To use the fonts
- Use HP FontSmart, or from Start button select Settings, Control Panel. Double click on the Fonts icon. Select File, then Install New Font. Browse to the C:\EuroSign directory where the downloaded file was unzipped to. Choose Select All then Ok.
- Open an application, such as Word for Windows.
- From the Fonts drop-down menu, or from the menu where font selections and/or text formatting options are set, choose either EuroSign or EuroSign Mono and type the "e" key using lower case.
Note: This will only type the Euro symbol so you will need to switch back to your normal font for any other text.
- To change the font back to your normal type face, repeat step 2. and select the desired font.
- Once you can display the euro on the screen, verify that it can be printed by simply printing your page.
Please pay this amount: