HP printing solutions for retail, remote, or branch office
A cost effective, manageable infrastructure that enables printing and workflow solutions without boundaries for the high-performance enterprise
A branch office is a strategic location critical to your organization’s success. Although geographically separate from headquarters, the remote location is not free from IT requirements or the need for standardized or cost effective solutions. The work teams in these locations need the same efficient access to critical workflow tools that is available to their colleagues in the headquarters of an organization.
HP has developed a portfolio of solutions for the unique needs of these satellite offices, selecting several efficient printing options that offer single- or multi-function performance and, giving remote offices everything they need to be productive in a compact device with professional print quality. These solutions offer the same benefits that IT managers expect of enterprise printing technology:
Traditionally, devices in remote offices and small work teams haven’t been as effective in promoting efficiencies across the organization – now it is possible with:
- New small footprint devices with workflow and network management capabilities that offer visibility and control
- Energy-efficient devices with small footprints offer up to 50% less energy use and best-in-class total cost of ownership
- HP’s Managed Print Services extends to the remote or branch office, providing full-service, scalable management. HP lifts configuration and management of the fleet off your hands, making your organization more agile. Learn more.
Connectivity and scalability
Many remote locations rely on much of the same connectivity and infrastructure as centralized offices and need to achieve the same or better cost efficiencies. Integrated solutions provide a simple, scalable, and cost efficient design across distributed and central locations
- Devices compatible with key infrastructure capabilities help reduce integration costs and deployment of IT tools
- Easy integration into existing enterprise infrastructure including a variety of connectivity options such as USB, Networked, Wireless, and Wireless direct
- Variety of options depending on the number of users, with packages suited to groups of 2-5 or 3-10, and other needs, like TAA compliancy, color and multifunction, delivery through HP Managed Print Services, and compatibility with HP ePrint.
Visibility and control
When used with HP’s network infrastructure management solutions, these products can give you a clear understanding of your entire printing system. HP Web Jetadmin software can help you:
- Track device utilization to audit printing practices
- Configure and manage devices on a fleet-wide basis
Remote locations often fall between the cracks of traditional end point security products. Yet the customer-facing aspect of many remote offices requires access to critical data. If not properly secured, the information sent to a printer or MFP could be accessed by anyone in—or out of—your office. With HP solutions, look for:
- SSL/TLS – Encryption-secure device communication through https.
- Device Firewall – provide ability to configure policies and firewall templates designed to protect your device against threats and limit access where needed.
- Control panel lock – lock access the control panel so that end users can’t change IT configured settings
- No hard drive – ensures print job data and document data cannot be stored or accessed by unauthorized users