IT REFORMING INDUSTRY
George Halvorson, CEO of Kaiser Permanente, oversaw a $4 billion dollar effort to align the health care network’s IT infrastructure with better customer service, automated patient records, and standardized patient data. Kaiser Permanente is now a leader in electronic connectivity between doctors and patients with more than six million “e-visits” replacing unnecessary face-to-face clinical visits.
Click "Chapters" to go deeper into the discussion.
As Chairman and CEO of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, George Halvorson is a leading voice in the health care debate. With more than 30 years of health care management experience at Kaiser, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, George continues to revolutionize the nation’s largest hospital system and nonprofit health plan.
Click here to go to George's full bio page.
- The true price of health care.
- Comparing costs to other countries.
- The relationship between cost, quality
- How the investment is being distributed.
- The story of Kaiser’s $4 billion effort.
- Understanding the barriers to health reform.
- The Kaiser approach.
- A model for technology innovation.
- How technology can transform health care.
- New strategies for tomorrow.
- The need to make technology a priority.
- The next breakthrough in health care.