The New Workplace in the New Normal
The workplace is undergoing a massive transformation to encourage collaboration, inspire creativity and protect productivity. In order to optimize it, companies have explored every aspect of the workplace, from the physical layout to management practices to incorporating new technology. Join us on Input/Output as we talk to Jason Fried about the new workplace for the new normal.
Click "Chapters" to go deeper into the discussion.
Entrepreneur and author Jason Fried shares his belief in the value of simplicity and how it can impact the optimal workplace. As cofounder of 37signals and coauthor of the recently released book REWORK, Fried works to identify the hidden inefficiencies of the typical workplace, such as office designs that amplify distractions, and develops common sense ways to fix them.
Click here to go to Jason's full bio page.
- The beginnings of 37Signals.
- The evolution of the workspace.
- The value of simplicity.
- Learning from Google and Facebook.
- The future is smaller.
- How to mix the personal and the virtual.
- The mistakes of an entrepreneur.
- Developing business for developers.
- The business model of free.
- Hire when it hurts.
- Education and the new workplace.