HP Newsroom > News releases
HP Unveils Must-have Gifts for the HolidaysPALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 31, 2007
In time for holiday shopping, HP today introduced a range of consumer products – from personal, stylish devices that help protect and preserve digital memories, to the ultimate in high-definition digital entertainment PCs and TVs.
Highlighting the offerings is a powerful, all-in-one touchscreen PC that allows families to organize their busy lives with a shared family calendar or access entertainment content with just one touch. Also new is a consumer notebook that boasts 1080p resolution for a superb mobile entertainment experience.
“Consumer electronics are at the top of holiday wish lists this year and HP offers an innovative and stylish line up of gifts aimed at empowering consumers to create, share and publish their content, their way,” said John Solomon, vice president and general manager, U.S. Consumer Business, HP. “Whether they want to capture and print photos or enjoy the simplicity of a touchscreen computing experience, HP delivers best-in-class solutions to meet their needs.”
Touchscreens for everyone
Touchscreens create a near-effortless experience for people to enjoy the digital lifestyle as they are intuitive, simple to use and engaging. Many of HP’s hottest tech gifts this holiday season are touch-enabled:
Safe-keep precious memories
Holiday memories can last a lifetime with products from HP that protect precious photos, videos, music and more. HP makes it easy to back up and store the most important of life’s moments.
A multimedia enthusiast’s dream
Below are two gifts that would make even the most tech savvy person’s fantasy come true:
Pricing and availability
Detailed information on the available configurations, pricing and specifications for these and other products is available at the HP Home & Home Office Store at www.hpshopping.com.
Customers can shop whenever and however they want for HP PCs, printers and cameras by calling +1 888 999 4747, via chat, online or at retail outlets nationwide. Select models are expected to be available in retail outlets in the coming weeks. Support services are also available at www.hpshopping.com or by calling +1 866 234 1377.
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers – from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world’s largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $100.5 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended July 31, 2007. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required and sold separately.
(2) Actual price may vary.
(3) The HP Photosmart R937 Digital Camera has the largest touchscreen LCD display of any compact digital camera as of June 12, 2007.
(4) Printing process research by Doxus, 2007. Details and a list of tested printers are available at http://www.doxus.com.
(5) LightScribe creates a monochrome image. LightScribe media required and sold separately.
(6) Requires Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
(7) Wireless access point and Internet service required and not included.
(8) As HD DVD is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some HD-DVD titles to play, they may require an HDMI digital connection and the display may require HDCP support. Blu-ray Disc movies cannot be played on this notebook PC.
(9) Pricing and product availability are subject to change without notice.
(10) High-definition (HD) source content varies and will depend on source input, signal, aspect ratio and other factors. HD content may require separately purchased service contract or other fees. HD content may not be available in all service areas, check with service provider.
(11) Wireless access point and Internet service required and sold separately.
(12) Downloaded content requires Internet access and may require additional fees.
AMD is a trademark or registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Windows Vista is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2007 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, 2006. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.