HP Lands No. 1 Spot in Customer Respect Survey
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 9, 2005
HP has been acknowledged as the industry leader in how well it treats customers online, earning the No. 1 ranking in a study conducted by the Customer Respect Group, an international research and consulting firm.
Released on June 6, the study results show rising satisfaction rates among HP customers, underscoring the company's commitment to delivering the best online experience in the industry.
The Customer Respect Group reviewed more than 2,000 websites from all industries over time to study how corporations treat their customers online. It evaluated HP's web presence over the past 12 months in six areas to measure overall customer respect:
- Simplicity (ease of navigation)
- Responsiveness (quick and helpful responses to inquiries)
- Privacy (respect for the privacy of the customer)
- Attitude (customer focus of site)
- Transparency (open and honest policies)
- Principles (values and respects customer data)
Overall, HP scored 8.7 out of 10 to earn the top spot. HP did particularly well in the area of privacy. In addition, the study showed that HP's one-hour response time to email was particularly impressive in light of the significant challenges noted for much of the high-tech industry. The complete study can be found at http://www.customerrespect.com.
This award comes on the heels of several studies and awards demonstrating how HP leads the industry in delivering the best customer experience. Past awards include:
- WebStar award from the Service and Support Professionals Association for exceptional customer service and technical support via the web
- Association of Support Professionals "Ten Best Web Support Sites"
- The Most Trusted Company for Privacy Award from TRUSTe, the leading online privacy nonprofit organization, and Ponemon Institute, for the establishment and enforcement of progressive privacy practices.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2005, HP revenue totaled $83.3 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.