HP Tops Competitors in Customer Satisfaction Survey
HP outperforms IBM and Dell, capturing top honors among IT service providers in Technology Business Research survey
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 24, 2004
HP today announced that it earned the No. 1 ranking in customer satisfaction among vendors of corporate information technology (IT) service and support, according to the newly released Technology Business Research Inc.'s Corporate IT Service and Support survey covering the first quarter of 2004.(1) The results demonstrate HP's service excellence in providing the highest level of customer satisfaction in the IT industry.
"Customers ranked HP as among the best in class vendors across all categories in our Corporate IT Service and Support survey, with special distinction in the category of phone support where HP performed much better than its competitors," said Julie Perron, manager of Primary Research, Technology Business Research Inc. "HP Services' consistent performance with regards to phone support is impressive in an area where customers have become particularly demanding."
The study surveyed 688 mid-size to large companies in North America finding that HP ranked No. 1 over competitors IBM and Dell based on the weighted satisfaction index, a measure of the total customer satisfaction experience with IT services. The study covers satisfaction with on-site support (break/fix), remote support services (phone and Web support), hardware deployment, software support and training services.
"The TBR survey results confirm HP's commitment to delivering the best total customer experience through a combination of people, processes and technology," said Mike Rigodanzo, senior vice president, Customer Support, HP Services. "Customers are recognizing HP's portfolio of customer support services and our ability to provide a complete customer support experience as key elements in allowing them to synchronize business and IT to capitalize on change."
This announcement caps a string of customer satisfaction awards for HP across its global business. Recent awards include:
- No. 1 in customer satisfaction among vendors - Corporate IT Buying Behavior & Customer Satisfaction Study: Intel-based Servers - First Quarter 2004, Technology Business Research Inc.
- "Ten Best Web Support Sites" - Association of Support Professionals (ASP), 2004
- No. 1 in customer satisfaction - Enterprise IT Vendors: Cost, Expectation, and Satisfaction, InterUnity Group and Computerworld Survey, May 2004
- No. 1 for the third consecutive year in online customer respect - Customer Respect Group, 2004
- "Technology Supplier of the Year," recognizing excellence in customer service, product performance and pricing - Wal-Mart, 2003
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2004, HP revenue totaled $76.8 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Technology Business Research, Inc., "Corporate IT Service & Support Customer Satisfaction Study - First Quarter 2004," June 22, 2004.