HP No. 1 in Worldwide Server Shipments for Seven Consecutive Quarters
Worldwide revenue leader in UNIX, Windows and Linux for 2003
PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 27, 2004
HP announced that it continued its No. 1 position for worldwide server shipments for the seventh consecutive quarter, according to figures released today by IDC.(1)
IDC data reports that HP is once again the leading global x86 vendor with 32.6 percent total units shipped worldwide in unit market share in the fourth quarter of 2003. HP's ProLiant line helped drive this growth with yet another consecutive quarter of record unit shipments, becoming the first vendor to ship more than 400,000 units in the quarter.
Key highlights :
- In the fast-growing Windows® and Linux markets, HP continued its No. 1 position for revenue and shipments for both the calendar quarter and year.(2)
- HP was the No. 1 supplier of UNIX® servers for 2003 with 31.9 percent share of the worldwide UNIX revenue.
- HP leadership in these three operating environments is significant as they represent over 90 percent of servers shipped.
- HP maintained its No. 1 position in EPIC servers, bolstered by sales of its Itanium®-based Integrity servers, which hold leading performance benchmarks across UNIX, Windows and Linux in more than 30 categories.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services and imaging and printing. For the last four fiscal quarters, HP revenue totaled $74.7 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) IDC, Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker, February 2004.
(2) HP leads the Linux market with 29 percent revenue and 27.5 percent unit share in 2003; 26.7 percent in shipments and 27.5 percent in revenue in 4q03. HP leads the Windows market with 33.6 percent revenue and 32.9 percent unit share in 2003; 33.2 percent unit share and 33.9 percent in revenue share for 4q03.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. UNIX is a registered trademark of the Open Group.