HP Repeats as Worldwide Leader in Server Market Unit Shipments
PALO ALTO, CALIF., JULY 28, 2003
According to preliminary results released Friday by research firm Gartner Dataquest, HP (NYSE:HPQ) is once again the No. 1 vendor of servers worldwide, with 29.5 percent unit market share for the second calendar quarter of 2003.(1)
Among all major server vendors, HP ranked:
- No. 1 in all server units shipped worldwide
- No. 1 in Intel Architecture (IA) server units shipped worldwide
- No. 1 in all server units and IA server units shipped in EMEA
- No. 1 in all server units and IA server units in Asia Pacific
- No. 1 in all server units and IA server units in Latin America
"HP's dedication to providing customers with innovative products and a clear roadmap to the future is reflected in HP's repeat performance of being number one," said Mark Hudson, vice president of marketing, HP Enterprise Storage and Servers. "The data released today demonstrates that HP is executing on the promise of the merger to offer customers choice and flexibility for their IT resources."
HP offers the world's broadest server portfolio, backed by focused innovation, world-class partners and integrated with services and solutions. The portfolio includes its industry-leading HP ProLiant servers, Integrity servers, HP 9000 servers, AlphaServer systems and NonStop servers.
HP delivers vital technology for business and life. The company's solutions span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services and imaging and printing for consumers, enterprises and small and medium business. For the last four quarters, HP revenue totaled $70.4 billion. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Gartner Dataquest Alert, "Worldwide Server Shipments Show Growth in 2Q03", July 25, 2003, by Joseph Gonzales, Jeffrey Hewitt, Adrian O'Connell, Samina Malek, Karen Benson, Matthew Boon, Mataga Tadaakli and Lillian Alvarado.