Weekly "Business Tuesday" Promotion Features Compaq Evo N600c Notebook (Advisory)
HOUSTON, October 2, 2001
Compaq Computer Corporation (NYSE: CPQ) today announces its sleek, lightweight and expandable Evo™ N600c Notebook as this week's "Business Tuesday" featured product for small and medium size businesses. The Compaq Evo N600c includes the following features:
- Thin and light. A little over 1 inch thin and weighs approximately 4.8 lbs
- Long battery life. Over 4 hours of run-time using Lithium-Ion battery and advanced power management
- Brilliant display. Impressive 14.1" TFT display delivers vibrant, crisp images
- Durable design. Magnesium alloy and reinforced composite material combination withstands even the most rigorous mobile environment
- High performance graphics. ATI Mobility Radeon graphics handles the most demanding 2D and 3D applications
- MultiBay. Accepts removable media drives, second battery, hard drive, or floppy drive
- Connectivity. Stay connected with integrated Mini-PCI modem, integrated NIC, or optional wireless MultiPort or PC Card devices
- Dual input devices. Convenient Pointstick and Touchpad devices deliver flexibility
- Global service and support. Includes a three-year, worldwide warranty
For the next 72 hours, customers can save $200 on Compaq's Evo N600c Notebook
as well as aggressive price reductions on the Expansion Base
(now only $450) and the Multiport Wireless LAN Card (now only
$99). In all, customers save nearly $700 on a complete solution
when they buy direct from Compaq at 1-800-888-2212 or online
at compaq.com/bt. Final calls for this special offer are at
midnight EDT, on Thursday, October 4th.
"Business Tuesday reinforces our commitment to be the trusted advisor that provides significant value to the small-to-medium business community," said Robyn West, vice president of Compaq North America SMB Sales. "This builds upon our goal of creating innovative products, integrated solutions, delivered globally."
Founded in 1982, Compaq Computer Corporation ("Compaq") is a leading global provider of enterprise technology and solutions. Information on Compaq and its products and services is available at http://www.compaq.com.
Compaq and the Compaq logo are trademarks of Compaq Information Technologies Group, L.P. Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that the Hewlett-Packard/Compaq merger does not close or that the companies may be required to modify aspects of the transaction to achieve regulatory approval or that prior to the closing of the proposed merger, the businesses of the companies suffer due to uncertainty; the market for the sale of certain products and services may not develop as expected; that development of these products and services may not proceed as planned; that Compaq and Hewlett-Packard are unable to transition customers, successfully execute their integration strategies, or achieve planned synergies; other risks that are described from time to time in Compaq and Hewlett-Packard's Securities and Exchange Commission reports (including but not limited to Compaq's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2000, HP's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended October 31, 2000, and subsequently filed reports). If any of these risks or uncertainties materializes or any of these assumptions proves incorrect, Compaq's results could differ materially from Compaq's expectations in these statements. Compaq assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.