GlobalEdge from Compaq Financial Services Provides Multinational Customers with Efficient and Cost-Effective Solution for Acquiring and Managing Information Technology
MURRAY HILL, NJ, April 24, 2001
Compaq Financial Services Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Compaq Computer Corporation (NYSE: CPQ), today launched GlobalEdge--an industry-first suite of offerings that enables multinational businesses to significantly streamline how they access and manage their IT investments around the world.
"We've talked to our customers around the world, and have listened carefully to ensure we are aggressively building and deploying the capabilities they want and need," said Irv Rothman, president and chief executive officer of Compaq Financial Services (CFS). "GlobalEdge speaks to the top three concerns of multinational businesses: accountability, consistency in solutions--including terms, conditions and pricing--and the ability to implement and execute on a global basis."
Through GlobalEdge, Compaq Financial Services (CFS) has taken a leadership role in the IT leasing industry by providing customers with the end-to-end services they need to acquire and manage their assets with the lowest total cost of ownership:
- Documentation: A Global Master Lease and Financing Agreement (GMLFA) enables customers to negotiate and sign a global lease once, in one country, with additional country agreements managed through simple addenda. For multinational customers, this means globally consistent terms & conditions, greater simplicity, and less negotiation time and effort.
- Pricing: CFS offers customers a consistent pricing methodology globally, providing them with one pricing structure no matter where they install their Compaq technology. This translates into much faster lease quotes, and pricing that reflects each customer's worldwide relationship with Compaq and CFS.
- Account Management: Multinational businesses are increasingly looking for a single point of accountability when managing global needs. CFS has created a dedicated Global Account team of highly trained professionals focused on meeting the unique needs of global customers. Based on customer requirements, CFS will manage the global leasing centrally from one country, or in a decentralized customer model with separate but coordinated resources in each geography. In addition, global customer care services are an integrated component of GlobalEdge, and include process integration, workflow mapping, and solution consulting--all designed to make each customer's leasing experience smooth and simple.
- Technology Protection: A single agreement protects customer IT assets around the world, including hardware repair/replacement services and disaster recovery. With zero deductible, priority replacement of damaged equipment (with new technology) and efficient parts sourcing, CFS makes it simple for customers to ensure technology continuity during the lease term.
- Lifecycle Asset Management: Compaq Financial Services helps customers maximize the value of their global IT investments from acquisition through disposal. Global offerings include trade-ins, technology refreshes, asset recovery, logistics and transportation services and financial asset management. According to Gartner Group analysts, "...asset management best practices will lower TCO and enable an enterprise to reap the strategic benefits of PC leasing."
"GlobalEdge ties together the two core components of effective IT asset management--access to technology and efficient management of technology throughout its lifecycle," said Rothman. "CFS operates in 41 countries, serving customers of all sizes in any number of industries. It's critical that we offer real value to them, and deliver a truly integrated leasing and financial asset management solution that works seamlessly around the world."
About Compaq Financial Services
Compaq Financial Services Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Compaq Computer Corporation, is the sole authorized provider of Compaq-branded financing. The company serves the Americas from its world headquarters in Murray Hill, New Jersey, and operates from regional headquarters in Dublin, Ireland (for Europe, Middle East and Africa); and Sydney, Australia (for the Asia Pacific region). The company serves all of Compaq's individual and business customers, including consumers, small and mid-sized businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and large, multinational corporations. Typical transactions range in size from $500 to $500 million dollars. Additional information on CFS leasing and financial asset management programs is available at http://www.compaq.com/financialservices.