By Susan Twombly, June 2010
The HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim desktop goes beyond the ordinary in a business PC. It has the enterprise-class performance and powerful graphics capabilities of the HP Compaq 6005 Pro family – plus a smaller footprint that’s designed to save both space and energy.
This newest HP Compaq 6005 Pro PC takes advantage of a business-class AMD processor and chipset,1 which are especially suited for workplaces where multi-tasking is a must.
Although the ultra-slim PC is only about the size of a ream of paper, there’s no need to compromise on performance. Available with a choice of quad- or dual-core 2 technology, it can smoothly handle complex software applications or demanding graphics to hasten workflows and keep employees productive.
The HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim desktop also has other features to help users get more done, such as dual monitor support and a slot for an optional wireless card. 3 Connecting peripherals, like a printer or camera, is easy with ten USB ports, (four in the front, six in the back). Transferring files is a snap with the optional SD Card Reader, sold separately.
When it comes to meeting your energy usage and environmental impact goals, you can feel good about this PC throughout the entire lifecycle – from design, to delivery and after.
To help minimize power consumption, the HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim desktop has a highly efficient electrical system design and an 87 percent-energy efficient power supply. It’s also an ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® Gold registered PC, which can help narrow your purchase decision, since cost and environmental impact are key factors considered today.
HP Power Assistant, 4 available for this PC, provides a single tool to manage power settings across a distributed environment, along with real-time reports to help reduce consumption and track alignment with your company’s environmental strategies. The integrated side port memory, which enables the PC to go completely to sleep at idle, and Cool’n’Quiet AMD technology can also help decrease power usage.
This PC is one of the industry's first Microsot Windows®-based desktop PCs to be free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) from the wall to the mouse.5 It’s also one of the first with an AMD processor that features these attributes. Even the packaging is 100 percent recyclable and the cushions used for shipping are made from paper-based 100 percent recycled molded pulp.
Although the HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim desktop has a small footprint, it can make a big visual impact in your business. With VISION Pro technology, integrated ATI Radeon 4200 Graphics and DirectX 10.1,6 this PC can generate and display rich visuals, embedded with vivid video and 3D graphics, to make ordinary business communications extraordinary. And, these higher-end visual capabilities are standard, without the need for adding a graphics controller to deliver a compelling message.
DASH 1.1, an industry standard for remote management, comes pre-installed on this business desktop. With it, you can perform essential tasks on PCs in a distributed network, regardless of their power states. Security patches, troubleshooting, power management and automated system startup and shutdown can all be done from a central
console. When desk-side support is needed, a tool-less chassis design makes service faster and easier, so employees can get back to work quickly.
An embedded TPM 1.2 security chip helps protect sensitive data and restrict unauthorized access through hardware-based encryption. To prevent tampering, the chassis itself has a solenoid hood lock and sensor. Purchase HP ProtectTools security software (sold separately) for an added level of data protection.
Find out more about the HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim desktop – and do something extraordinary for your business today.
(1) This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of the AMD 64 processor. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system will vary. Dual/Quad/Triple Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. This PC does not support the AMD over-clocking feature.
(2) Dual/Quad/Triple core is a new technology designed to improve performance of certain software products. Check with the software provider to determine suitability. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(3) Wireless card, wireless access point and internet service sold separately.
(4) Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGRID 2007 data found at
www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Requires Microsoft Windows.
(5) The HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra Slim business PC is brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride free (BFR/PVC-free), meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’” Plastic parts contain <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total <1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (0.09 percent). Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(6) DirectX 10 requires Windows Vista®. Windows® 7 will support older DirectX 9 adapters using a WDDM v1.0 (Vista) driver. DirectX 10 requires a WDDM v1.1 (Windows 7) compliant driver.