To recognize and foster world-wide leadership in privacy protection and practices, HP created the HP Privacy Innovation Award. In 2005, the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) joined HP in the sponsorship of the award. The award is given in three categories: large organization, small organization, and technology. The new technology award recognizes an organization that has transformed or enhanced business through the implementation of a privacy technology. These awards recognize organizations that have embraced privacy both for its competitive advantage as well as its role in improving the customer/citizen experience.
HP/IAPP Privacy award winners are:
- Large Organization: Eli Lilly and Company
- Small Organization: California Office of Privacy Protection
- Technology: Novellís DigitalMe
- Large organization: General Electric
- Small organization: ATB Financial
- Technology: Voltageís Identity-Based Encryption
- Large organization: Sprint Nextel
- Small organization: Information and Privacy Commission of Ontario
- Technology: Watchfire
- Commercial winner: Microsoft
- Government winner: United States Postal Service
- Commercial winner: eBay
- Government winner: The Office of the CIO, Government of Alberta, Canada
For more information, visit http://www.privacyinnovation.org.