HP Managed Print Services
HP Managed Print Services (MPS) enables organizations to reduce their energy and paper use and cut costs related to printing.
With MPS, HP helps customers assess their requirements, design an imaging and printing infrastructure tailored to their specific needs, and then acquire, install, and manage the necessary equipment. MPS is a comprehensive, scalable suite of services that includes imaging and printing devices, software, supplies, support, professional services, and solutions—with flexible procurement, transition and management options to help companies meet their business and environmental goals.
Using MPS has enabled some HP customers to achieve energy savings of between 30% and 80% in their imaging and printing operations, and reduce paper consumption by millions of pages. In addition, MPS can help customers achieve more efficient workflows and increase recycling of used print supplies and old hardware.
HP MPS customer Viacom was able to achieve the following benefits:
- Anticipated cost reduction of 20% to 25% for printing and copying
- 50% reduction in the number of print, copy, or fax devices
- 12.5% reduction in number of pages printed (projecting savings of more than 10 million sheets of paper)
- Energy use for printing slashed by more than 60% and CO2e emissions reduced by about 380 tonnes
Meanwhile, using MPS meant that our customer 3M:
- Reduced energy consumption by more than 75%, saving more than $1.2 million in energy costs
- Achieved a reduction of an estimated 8,240 tonnes of CO2e emissions from energy and paper reductions
- Printed an estimated 353 million fewer pages over a three-year period
As part of our HP MPS portfolio, HP offers the HP Eco Printing Assessment for businesses interested in quantifying and reducing the energy consumption, wasted paper, and greenhouse gas emissions from imaging and printing. After analyzing a representative sample of a customer’s printing environment, HP then recommends best practices and identifies a roadmap of recommended changes, helping customers reduce costs and save resources.