As the world's largest information technology (IT) company, HP has the industry's largest supply chain. We have a responsibility to lead in this area that we take very seriously. It is consistent with our core values to be a force for positive change in the communities where we work and live. We ask our suppliers to make the same commitment and work closely with them to help them succeed.
We are committed to achieving sustained improvement throughout our supply chain by building our suppliers' social and environmental capabilities. Through our social and environmental responsibility (SER) program we are actively:
- Integrating social and environmental requirements into our sourcing operations
- Protecting workers' rights
- Engaging large and small suppliers on-site at their factories representing 95 percent of our spending on product materials, components and manufacturing
- Improving suppliers' working conditions and health and safety
- Working to reduce suppliers' environmental footprint
- Collaborating with NGOs and other stakeholders to inform, improve and validate our efforts
Strengthening the social and environmental performance of our suppliers yields significant benefits for HP. It protects our reputation and keeps our lines of supply open. As our case studies illustrate, it also can create efficiencies, decrease costs and strengthen partnerships.
In this report, we have disclosed our list of suppliers, which reflects our commitment to provide greater transparency to our stakeholders. We believe HP is the first in our industry to take this step.