|At a glance|
|View schedule & enroll||Sorted by: location or date|
|Delivery method||Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
The HP Race to Results with Converged Cloud is a highly-interactive and immersive business simulation that provides a holistic understanding and immediate realization of the benefits that cloud computing can offer. The Simulation also enlightens attendees on some of the key considerations when choosing and implementing a cloud solution. Facilitated in an exciting Motor Racing scenario, the HP Race to Results with Converged Cloud brings to life the business impact of fluctuating IT demands.
The HP Race to Results with Converged Cloud is an excellent event for anyone interested in or impacted by cloud computing at any stage in their journey to Converged Cloud. The simulation is suitable for all levels of employees from IT staff to board members, and will offer an exhilarating and highly educational team-building event.
Ways to save
- Save with the HP Care Pack education service offerings
- Save with four or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
- To give a practical, hands-on introduction as to the risks, challenges, and rewards of Cloud implementations
- To demonstrate how “IT” and “the Business” can collaborate to achieve company objectives via the Cloud
- To demonstrate how to safely leverage cloud to transform an IT Organization into a provider of agile, efficient, and flexible services while minimizing risk
- To show how partnering with HP for Cloud implementations mitigates the risks of these implementations
Benefits to you
- Gain buy-in and commitment to cloud computing from the top to the bottom of the organization
- Create an understanding that cloud computing can drive competitive advantage
- Improve image and credibility by transforming IT into an agile and efficient service function
- Increase alignment between the business and IT
- Rapidly realize the time and cost efficiencies offered by cloud computing
- Appreciate the key challenges and considerations involved with cloud implementations – and learn what help is available to guarantee a successful cloud implementation
Round 1: The current business experience
In round one, participants are introduced to the Organization called the HP Events Group. This is a global company which manages branding, advertising, TV coverage, pay-per-view subscriptions, and retail merchandise for professional motor car racing teams. Participants form the IT Department of the HP Events Group and are exposed to a lack of integrated processes and tools across all its regions. There is also disparity in various technology configurations that result in increased procurement and support costs. With each of the regions acting independently from one another with respect their investments, strategic approach, and support structure, overall business results are not being met and high operational costs are being incurred with Customer satisfaction decreasing. There is a real opportunity for the IT Department to improve efficiencies, consider different sourcing options, and work together to increase the overall business performance.
Round 2: The racing team participants now look for ways to improve business results
In round two, an integrated approach across all Teams is developed and deployed. Communications are improved and common processes and tools are both standardized and optimized. Different service level packages are considered and selected to both automate and drive efficiencies within the overall IT support model. A standard Service Catalog is created to help illustrate an end-to-end view of what services the IT Department currently offers. The IT Department is then able to leverage existing resources before procuring new technologies. A private cloud environment is created to save on support costs, leverage internal capabilities, and improve time to market for new service offerings. Both Demand and Capacity Management are formally implemented to help identify the Customer’s patterns of business activity and thus ensure the technology across all regions can meet them. All of these improvements combined improve business results and will help in the assessment required regarding which services are most appropriate to move to the public cloud in the subsequent rounds.
Round 3 & 4: Race competitors seek further optimization of results
After achieving internal efficiencies and also experiencing the benefits of the private cloud, participants are now introduced to the public cloud. An assessment of various external public cloud service provider capabilities is completed to ascertain which ones will achieve the most desirable business outcomes. This includes a formal review of the associated cost models and potential returns that public cloud service providers offer. Participants are challenged to understand and optimize any risks associated with moving services to the pubic cloud including security, availability, and other quality factors. Overall, the IT Department continues to drive efficiencies internally with respect to their processes and tools, but now they can formally leverage the full spectrum of what cloud computing can offer to improve the overall business results and increase customer satisfaction.
HL970S - B.01