|At a glance|
|View schedule & enroll||Sorted by: location or date|
|Delivery method*||Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
The HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using Comware Software course is a 5-day course. This training prepares learners on how to implement HP A-Series products into network solutions based on HP Flex Network architecture.
The HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using Comware Software course describes techniques for designing and implementing resilient switched and routed converged networks based on the HP A-Series switches.
The HP A-Series switches play an important role in the HP FlexNetwork, the only converged networking architecture that spans from the virtualized data center to the virtual workplace for cloud, multimedia, and mobile services with integrated security solutions.
This training will provide network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to configure HP A-Series switches supporting network redundancy at Layer 2 and Layer 3, networks supporting IPv4 and IPv6 as well as OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 and IP multicast routing supported network systems. Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) will also be covered in this training.
This course prepares candidates for the Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE) certification within the HP ExpertONE program.
This version of the HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using Comware Software course covers IPv6 features available in the A-Series switches such as IPv6 routing. Also an introduction to BGP is included in this new version.
Furthermore this new version includes information on the A-Series switch architecture. The module on WAN links has been removed from this new version. Also the learner experience with regards to the courseware materials has been improved.
And finally the courseware provides an in-depth technical background on the covered topics mentioned in the Course Objectives section in this document.
This course has been renamed. It has the same content as the previous course Implementing HP A-Series Networks, Rev. 11.41 with course ID 00380790.
- HP Access Layer Network Technologies using Comware Software, Rev 10.41(ILT)
- HP Switching and Routing Technologies, Rev. 10.41 (WBT)
Recommended: Basic knowledge on dynamic routing protocols, redundancy protocols
and multicasting protocols is recommended, but not required.
Furthermore it is highly recommended that the candidate is familiar with:
- How to perform basic configuration and switch setup on HP A-Series switches.
- How to configure Layer 2 technologies such as STP, Link Aggregation and VLANs on HP A-Series switches.
- How to configure basic IP Routing like static routing and RIP on HP A-Series switches.
- How to configure IRF on HP A -Series switches.
- Professionals who design, implement, and support enterprise level network solutions based on HP A-Series switches and technologies, including systems engineers, systems designers, customer IT staff, HP services field and call center support engineers.
Ways to save
- Save with the HP Care Pack education service offerings
- Save with four or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
- HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using ProVision Software (HK741_00646332)
Benefits to you
This training prepares learners on how to implement HP A-Series products into network solutions based on HP Flex Network architecture.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Deploying and configuring HP A-Series
- Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting routed and bridged networks using industry-standard protocols, focusing on OSPF, VRRP, and MSTP
- Designing and implementing “triple play” networks using HP prioritization and QoS features
- Designing and implementing networks via the following multicasting technologies; IGMP, PIM Dense, and PIM Sparse
- Designing and implementing IPv6 and OSPFv3
- Designing and implementing IRF