|At a glance|
|Delivery method||Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
|How to order||To order or find out more information, please call our Customer Registration Center (CRC) in the US at 800-472-5277 (800-HPCLASS) or in Canada at 800-563-5089.
You can also submit a query online.
This 1-day course provides an introduction to IT service management. The course gives a general overview of the ITSM lifecycle based on the 2011 Edition of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®). It is ideal for staff who might be involved in the periphery of IT Service Management, or those who are new to the topic needing a broad, brief introduction and understanding of the benefits to be gained from implementing service management.
- Basic IT knowledge would be helpful but not essential
- The course is suitable for relatively large numbers and might be used to engender an initial understanding of IT service management amongst groups of implementation or project staff
- The course may also be of value to managers wishing to obtain a broad, yet focused overview of IT service management – the course can be tailored to address any particular concerns
Ways to save
- Save with eight or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
- Gain a high-level understanding of the objectives and scope of IT service management, as described by ITIL
- Understand the benefits of using a service management approach to improve the way in which services are delivered
- ITIL® Foundation for IT Service Management (HF421S)
Benefits to you
- Gain a basic understanding of IT service management and how it may benefit your business and IT organization
- Gain the necessary knowledge to make better decisions
Introduction to ITIL
Service Management as a Practice
Service Lifecycle stages
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Technology and Architecture
- Summary of lessons learned
- Where do I go from here?
HF412S - D.00
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited