|At a glance|
|View schedule & enroll||Sorted by: location or date|
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
This course is designed for students who need a fast-track to performing the tasks required to manage an OpenVMS system, and who have enough previous experience with system management that they can grasp concepts quickly. Students will learn how OpenVMS is structured, how to perform security, DCL, and utility procedures, how to install software applications, and how to set up and configure an OpenVMS cluster. The course incorporates our Lab+Lecture format.
Prior systems management experience. This class benefits students with previous, in-depth computer experience who grasp concepts quickly and who need to become proficient in OpenVMS in a short period of time. If you do not have significant prior experience with other operating systems, please refer to the following courses:
- HP OpenVMS fundamentals (U3716S)
- HP OpenVMS system management I: essential for established systems (U3724S)
- HP OpenVMS system management II: installation, configuration & customization (U3725S)
- This course is intended for Systems Administrators who will assist in the management of existing OpenVMS systems, and who need to become proficient in the shortest possible timeframe.
Ways to save
- Save with the HP Care Pack education service offerings.
- Save with four or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
Benefits to you
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to log in and out of an OpenVMS system, execute commands and interpret resultant error messages. They will be able to communicate with other users with the mail and phone utilities. Students will be able to get help on commands and use the documentation set for additional information.
- Managing complex HP OpenVMS systems (U3726S)
- HP OpenVMS system performance management (U3727S)
- TCP/IP services for HP OpenVMS (U3728S)
- HP OpenVMS internals for system managers (U3729S)
HP OpenVMS Accelerated System Administration
- OpenVMS Overview
- Getting Started
- Files and Directories
- OpenVMS Security
- Managing Users
- DCL Command Procedures
- System Startup and Shutdown
- SYSMAN Utility
- Queue Management
- Backup Utility
- Software Installation
- Communication Utilities
- Accounting Utility
- Security Auditing
- Error Log Utility
- Configuring a VMScluster