|At a glance|
|View schedule & enroll||Sorted by: location or date|
|Delivery method||Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
The RedHat versions of the course covers the following Linux distributions:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0
The SUSE versions of the course covers the following Linux distributions:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0
Students will receive course workbooks for RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0 and select which distribution to perform the labs on.
Each on-site course delivery will run on either RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0 or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0.
The h7091 is an in-depth course that explores installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux systems. The course focuses on issues universal to every workstation and server. The course material is designed to provide extensive hands-on experience. Topics include: installation and configuration; the boot process; user and group administration; filesystem administration, including quotas, FACLs, RAID and LVM; task automation; client networking; SELinux; software management; log files; troubleshooting; and more.
Students should already be comfortable working in a Linux or Unix environment. Fundamentals such as the Linux filesystem, process management, and how to edit files will not be covered in class. An understanding of network concepts, and the TCP/IP protocol suite is helpful. These skills are taught in the u8583 "Linux Fundamentals" course.
- New Linux system administrators
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
Ways to save
- Save with the HP Care Pack education service offerings.
- Save with four or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
- Linux Hardware Discovery, Interaction, and Control
- Boot Process and SysV Init
- Software Maintenance
- Filesystem Administration
- LVM & RAID
- Remote Storage Administration
- User/Group Administration
- Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
- Security Administration
- Basic Networking
- Advanced Networking
- Log File Administration
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Pre-Installation Considerations
- Installing RHEL6
H7091S - K.00