HP Awakens a New Force in the Galaxy with Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook
Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 7, 2015 — HP today unveiled its Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook to deliver an incredible experience for fans around the world in anticipation of the release of Star Wars: “The Force Awakens.”
“HP is delivering an amazing Star Wars experience as the only PC vendor collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm to create a one-of-one-kind notebook,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. “As part of this relationship, we were able to tap into Lucasfilm’s media archives to create custom screen savers, desktop backgrounds and sound profiles – configurable by the customer.”
Designed to Power the Dark Side
Inspired by the Galactic Empire, the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook has a “battle-worn” distressed design with “Galactic Empire” written in the unique Star Wars Aurebesh font on the hinge and iconic Stormtroopers on the keyboard deck. The touchpad design mirrors the X-Wing Star Fighter Guidance System and the red backlit keyboard completes the dark-side design.
For portability and power, the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook gets up to 7 hours of battery life(1) and is offered with Full HD(2) and optional touch in a 15.6 inch diagonal display. Customers have the choice of sixth generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors.(3) The notebook comes with up to 2 TB of HDD(4) and up to 12GB of RAM(5) with the option to select between Intel HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA® GeForce® 940M graphics processors.
The notebook is also offered with an optical drive for customers to enjoy all their Star Wars movies. With audio tuned by B&O Play and dual speakers, customers will have bold sound experiences while watching movies or listening to music.
Customers can enhance their Star WarsTM Special Edition with an optional slim, sleek and refined Star WarsTM Special Edition Wireless Mouse and a Star WarsTM Special Edition Sleeve.(6)
Exclusive Star Wars Experience
The Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook unleashes a one-of-kind experience through software, content and audio on the Windows 10 PC. Customers click on the Imperial Cog desktop icon to be taken to the Star Wars Command Center for browsing the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook’s Themes and Galleries. Users will have access to unique content collections with over 1,100 images spanning 40 years of Star Wars history. Content includes extraordinary behind-the-scenes images, storyboards, artwork, classic photos, set and costume designs, and audio selections.
- Themes offer customizability with sound, wallpaper and screensaver collections. This gives customers the option to replace the standard Windows notification sounds with eight categories of iconic Star Wars sounds including R2-D2 and lightsaber. Customers can choose wallpapers including planetary collections based on movie stills to truly create their own experience.
- Galleries host several categories for customers to explore Star Wars content. Customers can view original movie posters in Collections or explore the Concept Art section to view Lucasfilm art that guided movie development including early ideas on characters, costumes and settings. Illustrated Art celebrates Star Wars with artwork from black and whites to comic book art.
The Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook includes several more features to enhance the customer experience. This includes access to the first Marvel Star Wars comic in the series, e-book excerpts from select Star Wars titles and Star Wars movie trailers. All features can be easily found on the desktop.
Hardcore fans will appreciate added Star Wars nuances on the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook. Aurebesh font allows customers to type in Galactic Base Standard language for a truly engaging Star Wars experience. The Aurebesh font is located with other standard fonts in the font library. Another nod to Star Wars includes replacing the Recycle Bin with a Death Star icon – not destroyed when empty and destroyed when full.
The Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook includes a free one-year membership, a $90 value, to Fandor, a subscription movie viewing service and social video sharing platform. Customers will have access to a handpicked collection of the most talked-about independent films from around the world.(7)
Pricing and Availability (8)
The Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook is expected to be available in the United States on November 8, 2015 at www.hpshopping.com and select retailers. Customers can pre-order the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook starting on October 8, 2015.The Star WarsTM Special Edition Wireless Mouse and Star WarsTM Special Edition Sleeve will be available soon.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook starting price is $699.99.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition Wireless Mouse is $39.99.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition Sleeve is $39.99.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.”
(1) Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(2) Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(3) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(4) For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(5) Part of the total system memory (RAM) is used for graphics/video performance. System memory dedicated to graphics/video performance is not available for other use by other programs.
(6) Accessories sold separately in select countries only, check with your local HP reseller for availability.
(7) Fandor is available in the US and Canada only.
(8) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. And/or its affiliates © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com