* Fortune.com - October 15, 2009. FORTUNE is a registered trademark of Time Inc. All rights reserved.
(1) System config for D530: 80G PATA HDD, 3x512MB DDR1-400MHz PC3200, CPU Pentium 4 2.8GHz / Pentium 2.8G, CD ROM, Windows® XP SP2. System config for 8000 Elite: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 2x1 GB RAM DDR3, 160 GB HDD, integrated graphics, Lightscribe DVD/RW, Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit. Dual core CPUs were tested - Intel based systems used E8400, AMD based systems used B55. Power testing was done with EPA and non-EPA power supplies. EPA Power testing results used. All new products were tested with Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit. Power & performance profiles: PCMark05 and power measurements were done with the "as shipped" defaults. Power measurements for idle, off, & sleep/standby was conducted per Energy Star 4.0/5.0 guidelines. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(2) Bootup and shutdown times were calculated on the following configurations: D530 - Intel Celeron 2.53 GHz, 3x512MB DDR1-400MHz PC3200, 80G PATA HDD, on-board graphic. 8000 -Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU, 2x1G, 160G 7200 rpm, on-board graphic. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(3) Source: PC Mark05 benchmark comparison of Intel T2400 (1.83 GHz) HP nc6400 Notebook to Intel Core™2 Duo T9600 HP EliteBook 6930p. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(4) Test results compare HP 5310 systems with identical configurations with one system running Windows® XP Professional SP3 and the second system running Windows® 7. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(5) HP QuickLook 3 is accessible when the notebook is off in Windows® XP or Windows® 7 based systems. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. Not available on HP ProBook s-series with DDR2 or HP Minis. Internet access is required and not included.
(6) Windows® XP mode planned to be available January 2010.
(7) Visit http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/home.do?forumId=2
for a list of all business support forums for business professionals to solve problems, exchange ideas and learn best practices from peers.
(8) Requires separately purchased Ultra Capacity Battery and customer download of the latest Intel graphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with optional Intel 80GB SSD drive and HP Illumi-Lite LED Display and requires Windows® XP operating system. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
® Windows, Windows Vista and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.